'Dieselboy' is the stage name of Damian Higgins, an American drum and bass DJ and producer.
He is a common name in the American drum and bass scene, Dieselboy has been around since its early inception, playing a key role in its expansion across the United States. From his early beginnings in 1991 as a radio DJ, he has consistently kept with the music, moving from mixtape to CD to gig. After building his name through a selection of underground mixtapes, Dieselboy took a trip to the UK, where he worked on Tech Itch Recordings Scythe 12" with Mark Caro. On his return, Dieselboy continued his rise through the American DJ ranks and went on to release two best selling mixed CD's for the Surburban Base USA label.
1998 saw Dieselboy continue his trek through the DJ circuit and his Sixeleven DJ Mixseries Vol 1 steadily climbed the retail charts. 1998 also saw Dieselboy tie with LTJ Bukem for Best Drum & Bass DJ at the Global DJ Mix Awards. He was the first American drum and bass DJ ever to be nominated. Aside from DJing, Dieselboy initiated Philadelphia's first 21+ drum and bass weekly (a recurring club event) entitled "Platinum" which has developed a strong underground following.
Early 1999 saw Damian complete a North American tour with Technical Itch & Decoder in support of his track Atlantic State whilst the end of 1999 saw the release of his fourth mixed CD on the Moonshine label entitled A Soldier's Story, which sold extremely well (more than any other drum and bass release in America that year).
2000 saw Dieselboy joining forces with Palm Pictures/Island Recordings and his releases The Descent, Invid, Render and a full length album on Palm Pictures label called The 6ixth Session. To date, his 'The 6th Session' is the best selling drum n' bass mix CD in the history of electronic music, followed by his ultra-successful 2002 release, 'projectHUMAN'.
Dieselboy, teaming up with DJ Dara and AK1200 created a new project called Planet of the Drums in 2002 - 2003. This drum and bass powerhouse rocked venues across North American with tour dates showcasing this amazing crew of DJs.
Now in 2004, drum and bass has been smashing dancefloors across America. March of 2004 also saw a new mixed CD release, The Dungeon Masters Guide. A genre defying mix CD with remixes of tracks by Josh Wink, Tié«sto, Technical Itch, and many more. With the release of this mix CD compilation, Dieselboy also released a Triple vinyl LP pack featuring remixes by various artists such has Gridlok, Kaos, Karl K, Jae Kennedy, Stratus, and KC..
* Patriot Games EP (2x12") - Tech Itch Recordings
* The Trans-Atlantic Link Part 1 (12") - Tech Itch Recordings
* The Descent (12") - Palm Pictures (1999)
* Invid (12") - Palm Pictures (2000)
* Render (12") - Palm Pictures (2000)
* Invid (Remixes) (2x12") - Palm Pictures (2002)
For a complete listing of Dieselboy's releases see his entry on
* Drum And Bass Selection (CD) - Suburban Base
* Drum And Bass Selection USA (CD) - Moonshine
* 97 Octane (CD) - Moonshine
* Sixeleven DJ Mixseries, Vol. 1 (CD) - Sixeleven Records (611)
* A Soldier's Story (CD) - Moonshine
* System_Upgrade (CD) - Moonshine
* The 6ixth Session (2xCD) - Palm Pictures
* Project Human (2xCD) - Human Imprint Recordings
* DJ World Series: D & B From The United States (CD) - DJ Magazine
* The Dungeonmaster's Guide (2xCD) - Human Imprint Recordings